How deep is the hole ?

Digging deep!
I should be picking up another mill and lathe this week. A mint Bridgeport J head and a SB Heavy 10 and all tooling for each.
I need to move on this. My father in law is turning 80 and wants to use his garage. I paid the in-laws a random visit over the weekend and he casually told me that he offered the mill to his neighbor, who said that he wanted it!
I consider this an emergency of the highest magnitude!
I am working on my trailer today to get it road worthy.

Been working on my hole for over 30 years now. Can't see the top when I look back. The positive is, the shop supports itself more every year. The negative is I may never turn a profit because I enjoy finding new tools for the shop too much.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

OHHhhhhh dat wascly wabbit.

Not only has the hole been dug deep, very deep, but is all those side tunnels that have been bored too.

My original wabbit hole started 55 years ago with model airplanes and motorcycles. getting shop tools was a side hole of that original boring. and then there is the side holes of welding, and a side hole of 3D printing, and I have always had a love of anything that flies so had to get a full size pilots license. then some how the tunnel took a left turn and I ended up being a stock car driver. Now that is a tunnel you can drive a truck thru.

It aint just the one wabbit hole, it is the whole cotton pickin metropolis down here.

Been there in my business. Now retired and doing it again, this time in metal. It's an affliction, very contagious!

How deep is the hole ? Like all holes, it goes all the way to the bottom, but that's why you always carry a shovel with you, merrily throwing the overburden behind you, back filling the original tunnel, and all forms of rationality buried, and denied. Ain't it wonderful. :) Mike​

I’m fairly new into the digging but already getting questions from friends and family..,I keep telling them it’s cheaper than counseling and for me just as effective. Now I just wish I would have started digging many years ago when I could remember what I learned that day...things don’t seem to stick as well...why am I digging again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be the poster child for digging in deep.
A little over a year ago I started out with a mini lathe, now own a South Bend 10K, an RF30 mill, surface grinder, TIG welder, two Kennedy boxes and a boat load of tooling for both the mill and the lathe.
Oh and a big shovel :D

Last edited:
Only two!
I'm down to one ! And it's a mechanics box :encourage: I've gotten rid of at least 5 Kennedy full sets ( roll around , mid and top boxes ) over the past 4 years . Now down to a bunch of Vidmars and 4 of the HF 42 inch roll arounds . Starting to go thru them at the moment . They'll soon be gone also .

Back