Holdridge Radii Tooling Question.

sakurama

Registered
Registered
I recently picked up a 3D radius turning tool and it's missing the two smaller aluminum spindles. They're available from Holdridge (the only modern company with zero web presence) but they seem pretty simple from what I can see so I'd like to make them.

Does anyone with a complete set mind posting the dimensions?

If anyone has a manual I'd love to get a copy. I spoke to someone at the company and, bless their hearts, thought they had a website but weren't sure. Their aol email address (which doesn't work) speaks volumes of how the world of CNC is leaving manual machining behind...

Anyway thanks in advance!

Gregor

I have the 3S kit and will post the manual when I get home tonight, not sure if it is exactly what you were looking for, but it's pretty generic and should get you started. Mine did not come with the spindles you mentioned so I am curious to get dimensions as well. I found this video from outsidescrewball to be helpful.

BTW: there is a part two to the video as well.

Thanks, I found that video as well and it helped although it seems they were figuring it out as they went.

Thanks as well for the PDF - that is the one thing I've found and it seems to be more of a brochure than a manual. I suppose it's mostly self explanatory but it would be nice to actually learn any tricks about it. Mine came with horribly butchered up carbide cutters so I've ordered the one insert holder as I prefer to use inserts if at all possible.

Hopefully someone will come along that has the spindles but I'm guessing if pressed we could make them from scratch off the information available.

Gregor

Here is the manual, unfortunately someone placed a sticker over the last few lines. Like i mentioned earlier, its pretty generic and not very detailed.

Attachments

• Holdridge Manual 3S.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 23
I recently picked up a 3D radius turning tool and it's missing the two smaller aluminum spindles. ....snip.....Gregor
The spindles are not made of aluminum. They are steel, what grade I don't know. They are chrome plated. At least that is the way they are on the 8D model I had. I'm sure all the sizes follow the same configuration.

I have a 3D Tool Kit complete. Do you still need the dimensions? I was thinking about CAD Modeling them if that's helpful.

I have a 3D Tool Kit complete. Do you still need the dimensions? I was thinking about CAD Modeling them if that's helpful.
FYI, this thread is from 6 years ago.

I hope he's found a solution by now...

Back