Hercus 260

Is there any way you can go get it? Like rent a truck? It might save a lot of $$ and heartbreak.

Is there any way you can go get it? Like rent a truck? It might save a lot of $$ and heartbreak.
I own a truck but not a lift gate. They could fork it into the box but I'd have to disassemble it when I got it home.

Do you have an engine hoist? id pull the lathe off the stand anyway as it would be really top heavy.

I don't have a hoist although that is easily rectified.

IMHO it's a must have. That's how I got my 9x20 in the back of my Nissan and used mine when I got home to lift the lathe out of the bed and into the stand. Another super handy tool is one of the 1,000lb lift carts, it would also work and they are less that $300 at HF.

I just checked my local tool supply and I can get a 2-ton hoist for $299. Seems like a steal to me.
So it's at a school which looks like it's closing down its vocational program. Sad really.
I can't identify the other lathes in the background.

Here's another shot.
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 4.56.48 PM.png

I would check the local rentals place, there should be something you can use. Engine hoist, pallet jack, and possibly other handy tools to help moving the machine. And maybe even a trailer to haul it.
Always heard " where there is a will, there is a way.

Chuck

Back