Help - What are these?

AR1911

Active User
Registered
Miscellaneous items I acquired along the way.

I'm not even sure where they came from

1" Shank
2" head diameter (base of cone)
6" OAL

Wax coated of course

IMG_4914[2].JPG

How about these (they seem to come in pairs)?

Some sort of bore inspection device? The tube is 3/8" and has a 45-degree mirror in the end.

Scope 1.jpgScope 2.jpgScope 3.jpg

IMG_4914[2].JPG Scope 1.jpg Scope 2.jpg Scope 3.jpg

The top one is some kind of dead center, that's been ground and coated in wax to protect it from rusting.

The 2 coated in wak could be counter sink punches for a punch press.

The top ones look (to me) to be heavy duty drilling or ditch digging teeth; they would be replaced instead of replacing the chain or wheel in ditching, or the main drill head for auguring through rock.
Bob

Miscellaneous items I acquired along the way.

I'm not even sure where they came from

1" Shank
2" head diameter (base of cone)
6" OAL

Wax coated of course

View attachment 89768

How about these (they seem to come in pairs)?

Some sort of bore inspection device? The tube is 3/8" and has a 45-degree mirror in the end.

View attachment 89769View attachment 89770View attachment 89771

Nice find. We used to dip our cutters, reamers, drill bits and end mills in a wax compound so they could be stacked in tool bins. The stuff last forever to protect from rust and dings. And can be remelted. Again nice find.

The two bottom ones look like periscopes that attatch to the end of a bore scope to inspect the inside of pipe wall.......that would be my best guess anyway.

The two bottom ones look like periscopes that attatch to the end of a bore scope to inspect the inside of pipe wall.......that would be my best guess anyway.

Pretty much what I figured. I was hoping for something like "Oh, those are #1436 right-angle viewing heads for the Periwinkle 2000 Viewscope. We used those at the nukuler plant. Here's what the whole assembly looks like <image>" :))

I think the wax-coated things look most like some sort of center. They aren't shaped to cut anything, and they are precision ground. I don't think they are made to be beaten on either.

Back