Help to ID this taper attachment.

knn

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased a Clausing 4913 10"X 36" lathe that came with this taper turning attachment not mounted. There is no place to mount anything on the back of the crosslide.
I've seen pics of one for a much older 4900. Not even close. I've also searched out pics of TTA's on 5900 and 6900 series. No joy.

Any help identifying this unit would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, knn

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased a Clausing 4913 10"X 36" lathe that came with this taper turning attachment not mounted. There is no place to mount anything on the back of the crosslide.
I've seen pics of one for a much older 4900. Not even close. I've also searched out pics of TTA's on 5900 and 6900 series. No joy.

Any help identifying this unit would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, knn

I think the attachment is ordered when they ordered the lathe, I have used lathes that didn't have mounting holes or means to disengage the cross-feed.

No pics here either - even tried "Compatibility View" - No joy....

I have a manual for a 4900 series and the taper attachment has 2 support brackets the clamp to the front and rear of the saddle on the bed and the taper attachment guide bar does not bolt to the rear of the saddle as most do. It bolts to the cross-slide in the bolt holes where the rear way cover goes Looks like you remove that guard and clamp the draw bar to. I have been advised that inserting PDF files to the post takes up to much room, so I can email it to you. I could scan it and see if I can make it a picture file. The manual for the 5900 series bolts to the back of the saddle and only has one support bed bracket.
Rich

The originating post everyone is referring to dates from 20 November, 2010. The first three replies were in March of this year (2013). There have been several site outages over the past nearly three years. There is no telling what happened to the attached photos.

Note that the thread originator is shown as "guest". And a member search on "knn" turns up nothing. So either he never joined or he joined and quit.

Robert

Ooops....I guess we should look at the dates of the posts from now on......and I scanned those pages too..shoot....good night. Rich

Back