Help Request

Ok, That looks nice, wish my lathe was bigger.
Spent the day getting tires, on the car. then other things. Did get some more sanding and cleaning done on the stand etc. Found that the original color was pretty close to Pontiac blue. So that is the color I am painting it. Will try to get some pics tomorrow. There use to be a bearing place here in SA went past there today to see about some of the bearings for the gear box, Found out they closed down. No I have to find a new place for bearings.

Ken,

It's done!
PM me your shipping address and i'll get this in the mail one day this week.

DSCN3321.JPG

Received the new shaft, Already have it affixed to the rebuild plunger, now trying to figure out what I want to do. The top head for the hydraulic cylinder is so loose, I would say between 10 and 20 thou. that I think it will cause problems and wear the shaft quickly. So what I am thinking is to bore it out and put a brass or bronze bushing in it with a seal. That way All that has to be changed if wear, is the bronze bushing as it will wear before the steel shaft. The head is cast, but I think putting a steel sleeve in it for shaft one or the other will wear worse than bronze.
What do people think.

Back