Help Motor Identification FT1

R Thor

Registered
Registered
Hello All

I need some help from someone with an 80's era Lagun mill with a 2hp motor. I am not electrically astute but have an electrician friend helping me to install a VFD on this mill. We are not able to confirm if this mill is configured for low or high voltage (240 or 440). Besides the motor name plate (pictured below) there is no other labeling. If there is anyone that has this motor on their mill and you are running at 240v would you be kind enough to take a picture of how the jumpers are configured.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Motor Label.jpg

Motor Jumpers.jpg

Looks like it's wired for high voltage, but the labeling on the center leads have me wondering

My electrician also thinks it's wired for high voltage but he is not sure. If this helps the motor wire labels are as follows referencing the picture:

Left side terminals
Top - 1
Middle - 3
Bottom - 4

Center terminals
Top - 1
Middle - 3
Bottom - 4

Right side terminals
I cannot make out any numbers on these wires.

That's what has me confused. This i what I think it should be:
Left terminals
Top - 1
Mid - 2
Bot - 3

Center terminals
Top - 7
Mid - 8
Bot - 9

Right terminals
Top - 4
Mid - 5
Bot - 6

Hi Rick,

Here's a shot of the data plate, and the jumper plates on my 3hp FTV-1, that's configured for low voltage. I know, I know........I should have put blue tape on the white wire, but I forgot!

IMG_7503.JPGIMG_7504.JPG

My electrician has two different ideas on how the jumpers should be configured but we don't want to ruin the motor testing which configuration works.

Last edited:
Wow thats very different from mine. Thanks for posting those pictures.

Also, if you'd like to replace the euro metric "cable gland" with a standard 1/2" CGB( "cord grip" ) on the motor box, all you need to do is run a 1/2"-14 NPT tap in there, and it'll recut the threads just fine. No need to drill them out first. Just tap and go.

I have a supply of PG threaded cable glands. The one in the motor box is PG13.5.

I have a supply of PG threaded cable glands. The one in the motor box is PG13.5.
Good deal. Mine had a 12, and it was too tight for the heavy jacketed 14/4 SO cord I used to feed it.

Back