Help me spend my money! It’s mill-shoppin’ time...

I think you made a good choice. It sounds like the 835 really would have been too big for your space. Much easier to add the accessories as you have the funds, than turning a bench mill into a knee mill.

Precision Matthews machines come out of the same factory that other manufacturer buy from. Bearing quality can be specd differently as well as overall finish. Who knows who gets the top tier machines and who gets the grade B. One thing to consider is the lack of on site service. Parts are covered but you will be hiring a repair guy or doing it yourself. Consider that in the overall price. You have many options.

Touchdown!
Arrived late this morning, via ABF Freight. The driver did a great job and waited patiently for me to pop the crate and check condition.
Note the new design - the corners of the base casting now allow for easier use of adjustable feet:

20200302_101908.jpg

First thing to go is the motor:

20200302_141855.jpg

Off with her head!

20200302_152740.jpg

Ram/turret are next:

20200302_175636.jpg

All those components are now safely in the basement. It’s gone very smoothly so far, but I expect the table and knee to be more difficult. The main casting will be a real challenge.

She sure is purty! Talk about a first mill! Being a pseudo-midget, that would fit me perfectly. Only problem is that it's in your shop and not mine. Congrats, luxige, but I hope you have a lot of money left over because now the spending really begins. (I can just see the sharks circling around you, waiting for you to ask what to buy next ... :sharkattack:

NMD! (New Mill Day!)
Looks awesome!

By the way me thinks you need a nice shiny vise!
And then a...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back