Help identifying books of note

jwmelvin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
If any of you have a chance to look at this and let me know if you see any books of note, I'd appreciate it. I can grab what I want, but I'd rather not move it all without reason:
books.jpg

Thanks,
Jason

Okay thanks. I'll see what is around when I am there next. I've been moving so many tools I haven't had room for books yet, but next trip is just the big machines so grabbing books will be easy.

Okay thanks. I'll see what is around when I am there next. I've been moving so many tools I haven't had room for books yet, but next trip is just the big machines so grabbing books will be easy.

If there are any that you don't want, send them to me!

Machinery's Handbook (lower right corner) is a standard reference that's been around for years. I'd keep
that for sure. If you grab them all, you could go through them at your leisure and keep the ones you think
are useful.

The Guy Lautard books (no longer in print ) are a great read and have lots of useful information ( and worth a fair amount on ebay (over $100 each). I teach the shop classes at a university and we use the Machine tools Practices book as a student reference ( lots of time it is easier to find basic information stead of using Machinery Handbook). You might check with a local school that still has a shop to see if tehy would like the books you don't want to keep as references.

+1 on the Guy Lautard books and the Machinery's Handbook. Likely about $400-500 for those four books alone.
The Karl Moltrecht books also have great information.
But I'd take them all to be honest.

I see no duds there, take ‘em all if you can. Whatever you leave yo’ll regret later.

Machine Tool Practices by Kibbe is the best basic textbook one can get. Some editions even cover the shaper.
Machinery's handbook goes without saying but I've heard good things about the Audel book as well.
You should take them all and peruse at your leisure, keep the ones you like and pass the rest along.
I prefer books to watching long-winded youtube videos.

Back