Help identify this arbor press

The
I am hoping someone can recognize this arbor press from the single picture and give me an idea of what it's worth.

I do not know anything about it, trying to find out.
if you look close it’s not just missing the handle, it’s missing the ratchet pawl and the other parts with it. That stuff is not as easy to fab as just a handle. Its been stripped of those related parts. probably the hand wheel on the other side too. It‘s worthless to me and I’m a junkyard dog.

So it's worse than that, It has the pawl, but there seems to be a spring missing that keeps the pawl engaged. I'll deal with that later. The handle is broken, the hand wheel on the other side is broken and needs replaced, and the bottom plate has a severe crack all the way across, the picture I will try to attach won't due it justice.

The handle is easy, I'll machine two pieces of 1" plate and sandwich the original broken arm, hold with a few bolts. It won't look factory but it'll work.

I have a piece of 6" aluminum I can fab a wheel for the left side, or I am sure I can find one for next to nothing.

The crack, that'll be fun. I've had 5 hours to think about this and I have a plan; I am going to clamp heavy angle iron front and back, weld the cracks with cast rod (yes I know how hard that will be). Once welded I will permanently bolt angle iron front to back on both sides to take most of the stress.

If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun.

But I still don't know a make or model, there is no identifying markings on it anywhere. But it's the same color blue as the dake model 1 I got too.

I am not sure if the model 1 is a 1.5 ton or a 3 ton.

Price.. for both, plus all the expenses for the day, fuel, food for the wife and I, 2 presses and a few lengths of 1" stainless ... $210.

The way I see if I got to have a nice road trip with the lady, bought the dake no.1 and got the other for free...

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_205118957.jpg
    IMG_20200816_205118957.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200816_204911279.jpg
    IMG_20200816_204911279.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Back