Have you heard of "Liquid Metal"?

I think I seen this stuff years ago, but never took off for some reason. I think Apple is going to use it for there hand held devices. I was looking into it for filling in scores in cylinder walls, but for some reason I didn't use it, don't remember why. It would be great if it works as they say. Maybe at building the part it would work, but not at fixing parts. Maybe high heat is needed to form it, just don't know. I guess more info is needed.
Paul

Re: Have you heard of "Liquid Metal"?

Heard of liquid gold. Mac n' Cheese.:roflmao:We might have to ask the Terminator a bit about the stuff you are looking at though.

Haven't heard of liquid metal, but I have used a lot of liquid nails!!! they are a bit easier to drive when it hardens up a bit. :roflmao:

Get the aluminum up to about 1300 deg, it gets nice and liquid and fills whatever space you have prepared for it!
dave

We are all a bunch of out of work comedians around here:)). On a more serious note, I couldn't get anything out of that link yesterday or today.

We are all a bunch of out of work comedians around here:)). On a more serious note, I couldn't get anything out of that link yesterday or today.

I tried the link with an apology note for a response. However, when I selected a tab @ the top of the page I got results. The stuff seems real & has enough tech data to be fully believable.

The liquid 'moniker' comes from it being amorphous as opposed to crystal in nature..

I see more now. I got to do some reading today, and it looks like promising stuff I won't probably get to tinker with in this lifetime. Way cool though.

- - - Updated - - -

I see more now. I got to do some reading today, and it looks like promising stuff I won't probably get to tinker with in this lifetime. Way cool though.

Back