Hardinge

Link not working
Is this it
Hardinge HC 8 position chucker For Parts or Restoration - $1200 (Sutherlin) hide this posting
image 1 of 12
01515_jDpfgBmTbPV_600x450.jpg

condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Hardinge
model name / number: HC

Please CALL no TEXTS

Since you are reading this it is still available

Selling a Hardinge HC chucker 220volts 3 phase
Needs TLC, Could use Paint and polishing of bare metal surfaces
Or just use it as a parts machine
All electrical features work 3 spindle speed ranges and variable pulley system
Carriage clutch drags so carriage hand wheel must be forced thru dragging clutch "adjustment?"
Has threaded spindle for chuck not cam lock, no chucks included
bearing at collet closer fulcrum tight/drags
Some collets included, they have surface rust

can demonstrate under power

Possible delivery, $.50/mile one way

Looks like an OK deal, but looks like a project. Might be worth a road trip to look at it.

First off let's ask what you're going to do with it. As a general purpose lathe I wouldn't even think about it. As a second-operation machine for manufacturing it would be a good machine - but if it's the one listed above all the dragging/not quite working items would spook me off at that price. As said, this is not a lathe it's a project - and Hardinge parts are not inexpensive or terribly common.

Horses for courses - ask yourself what you're going to do with it, then look at the price and condition.

Last edited:
If it was closer I'd take a look.

As mentioned.

Not very useful for general lathe work, set it up and do the same simple operations on hundreds or thousands of the same parts. This is what such a machine is made for, I suspect that a hobbyist would find little use for it and it is also more then likely 3 phase.

I'm too busy moving to our new place. If it is still available in a few months I'd be on it for about $800.00. Not that I need it. But "need" and "want" are to different concepts.

Great machines , there's nothing wrong with the machine just there limitations. If I ever have a chance ill get one . But I'd love to have an old monarch in the 14" range. Ww11 models are my favorite. I just saw a lathe like this no tooling for under, $400.00. But the slides and turret will cost double at least.

Back