Harbor Freight tool grinder replacement wheels

Earl

Active User
Registered
I have a harbor freight carbide tool grinder. I have been thru all the mods to fix the tables and true up the back plates so now the grinder runs and adjusts just fine. (Thank you Utube). The next issue to address is the wheels. This grinder will be used for HSS tool bits for my lathes and for fly cutter bits for my mills. I have a separate grinder with green wheels for carbide. I have been thru several catalogs and web sites and the selection is mind boggling. I am curious as to what you have used and recommend as replacement wheels on the HF grinder to cut HSS with.

Earl---I would go with the soft white wheels they are perfect for hss---Dave

That's not a bad price for those wheels. They should fit any tool grinder that size. Thanks for the link.

"Billy G"

Yes, the white wheel is the way to go - they do HSS really well, cut fast with less heat build up.

I think Wholesale Tool also carries the white wheel...

Please report back on your results. I dont need new wheels yet, but planned on trying those when I need one.

I will soon find out. I just ordered couple. Thanks for the link.

Earl
Sure wish I'd found those. I jumped through several hoops modifying the machine to fit solid wheels:) Oh well, good experience.

I received the white wheel today (purchased from the link above) It is made in Israel. No time to play today but I hope to put it on the grinder this weekend.

Back