Harbor Freight carbide Grinder

I think I'll check mine and see if there off, I wonder if the guy who did the movies checked his?

Paul

There have been some inquires on here about aluminum oxide wheels for these Baldor style grinders (for use on HSS tooling). They are scarce and expensive. I bought one on Amazon, made in Isreal, but these have been discontinued. I notice that just this month Travers is selling an Aluminum Oxide 6"X1"X4" for $37.79 plus shipping. Part Number 53-202-050B. I'm not promoting this in anyway other than to bring attention to an item that seems to be rare.
Geoff Morgn

Check the tables. Mine had a .005 sway in the center of them. A quick thru the mill took care of that. I doubt it would make any difference but it bothered me enough to take care of it.

I have lost track of my post here, but my HF Baldor style tool grinder had way more than that on one table and was considerably thinner than the "good" table. I got it on sale for less than $100 before tax, so I'll assume it had not quite passed inspection. There wasn't enough "meat" left for a decent Balnchard grind, so I replaced the table with a piece of cast aluminum tooling plate. I was also not overly trusting that the thin table would stop warping.
Geoff

Back