Handgun purchased in Chicago Same Day as St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Seriously though. I love history and you have a great documented peice there. Beautiful gun but with the documented history that makes a great display.

My friend dated Sonny Barger's niece.

Very cool!

The two Thompson submachine guns used were recovered and are kept at the Sheriff’s Office of Berrien County here in Michigan. The two guns were 1921 Thompsons that were part of the original run of 15,000 made by Colt (Remington made the wood for the stock, grip and forearm). Many 1921 Thompsons were later converted to 1928 standard prior to being sold, which is what most people are familiar with, but not these two.

Very cool!

The two Thompson submachine guns used were recovered and are kept at the Sheriff’s Office of Berrien County here in Michigan. The two guns were 1921 Thompsons that were part of the original run of 15,000 made by Colt (Remington made the wood for the stock, grip and forearm). Many 1921 Thompsons were later converted to 1928 standard prior to being sold, which is what most people are familiar with, but not these two.
I have fired the semi auto replicas of those available today. Much heavier than one might expect. Would love to be able to fire one of the originals. That weight would be highly beneficial for handling the rapid fire recoil.

One of my good friends has a 21/28 Thompson. I have shot it and it is heavy with a loaded drum mag. It will walk up on you while shooting it that is for sure!

I have fired the semi auto replicas of those available today. Much heavier than one might expect. Would love to be able to fire one of the originals. That weight would be highly beneficial for handling the rapid fire recoil.
I've shot quite a few original full-auto Thompsons and they are a lot of fun!

I've shot quite a few original full-auto Thompsons and they are a lot of fun!
Between you and @NCjeeper I am feeling left out. JK.

When I had my business I use to do work for a guy out of Arizona. Part of his business was making AR parts. He and his buddies had full auto weapons they played with in the desert. One, according to him, even had a mini gatling gun mounted on a Humvee. He said his buddy was very well off and at 3000 rounds a minute he had to save up to take it out and shoot it. Invited me to join them if I ever was in the area, I Iived in California. Would have enjoyed that, having never fired a full auto weapon myself.

Growing up watching the WWII movies I did, I have always wanted to fire a Thompson and a BAR.

I have watched the videos on that machine gun shoot that I think they hold in Kentucky somewhere. Looks like a lot of fun. Especially enjoy the night shoot with all the tracers flying up the canyon.

Maybe someday.

You used to be able to get military surplus ammo cheap back in the day so shooting full auto guns were great. Now that has pretty much dried up and it is expensive to turn money into noise now days.

I still have three ammo cans of .30-06 M2 Ball ammo for my M1 Garand that I got through various sorces including the CMP. You are right though. All that is gone.

Totally agree that ammo has been way too expensive. Seems that it used to be around 10.00 for a box of 50 9mm
That said, my remaining vice of cigarettes now cost me 8.00 a pack. That’s 80.00 a carton. When I was buying 9mm for 10.00 a box…..I was also paying 19.00 for a carton of cigarettes.
So…I guess it’s all related.

on a side note… I can’t fully explain it because I just don’t keep up with guns like I used to. But, just a year ago I couldn’t even find any ammo for anything close to a fair price. Now I’m getting emails from everyone from Brownels on down offering me everything from 22’s to 223’s at a relatively reasonable inflation adjusted price.
My deduction is that since we are pulling out of Afghanistan, the ammo manufacturers now have more capacity.

Back