GRRRR new product one week and the price is already up.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Last week got an email that this was a new product. it was 29.99 and they had the July 4th sale for 20% off. My store showed in stock, so I went down on Friday to buy it. Out of stock. Ok, I guess I can't use the 20 off when it comes back in stock... but it's still a good price.
Today they have it back in stock... 34.99 WTF!!@!!!@#X

We recently got a new HF store nearby. Still have some decent deals, but like everyone else they've jumped on the corporate price hike wagon, and there coupons have so many restrictions as to be generally useless compared to the old ones. Mike

We recently got a new HF store nearby. Still have some decent deals, but like everyone else they've jumped on the corporate price hike wagon, and there coupons have so many restrictions as to be generally useless compared to the old ones. Mike
I think the quality upgrades have had a significant effect on pricing. And, of course, the dollar shrinks by the minute.

I have a bunch of Harbor Freight stuff, mostly older stuff, and could not get by without it. But lately they have priced themselves out of my range, I can get a better quality of consumer grade stuff cheaper than them. Was in the closest store last week and left empty handed. That is rare for me. And they never have the on sale stuff I went there for.

Tell the manager you wanted it last week when they didn’t have any. I bet you get it for the old price.

Tell the manager you wanted it last week when they didn’t have any. I bet you get it for the old price.
Better luck trying to get a rain check when you first look for it to lock in the price (and maybe the coupon): depends on the manager.

Better luck trying to get a rain check when you first look for it to lock in the price (and maybe the coupon): depends on the manager.
rain checks don't work on normal purchases, they do work on sale items, and the 20% off coupons cannot be rain checked.... who knew it was going up after 1 week?

Historically HF managers have a great deal of leeway with stuff like this.

They really value customer loyalty and if you calmly explain the situation I bet you’ll get the old price.

Back