Grizzly Powerfeed for G0704 - too slow

camcl3

Registered
Registered
I have a G0704 with the grizzly powerfeed (T23010). Does anyone know if there is a way to modify it to make it faster or an alternative powerfeed that is faster? Mine is really slow which limits what I need it for. Thanks!

You could probably feed it a higher voltage (it's a dc motor I think) from an external source but that's a bit more than just a mod I guess.
Plus it might shorten the life of the motor somewhat. Doesn't that model have a speed control?
-Mark

I don't have an answer for you but I'm curious to know what you consider slow. mine is ~1/2" per second on high setting and I find it decent speed for a small power feed.

You could probably feed it a higher voltage (it's a dc motor I think) from an external source but that's a bit more than just a mod I guess.
Plus it might shorten the life of the motor somewhat. Doesn't that model have a speed control?
-Mark
It does have a speed control but the highest speed is not very fast

I don't have an answer for you but I'm curious to know what you consider slow. mine is ~1/2" per second on high setting and I find it decent speed for a small power feed.
Just compared to a bridgeport it is much slower. Just slow for what I need it for. Glad it works for you.

Any chance you have a video of yours at the highest speed? Just wonder if mine is slower than most. Thanks

OK. even if you were to bypass the speed control you might only gain another 10%, so nothing you can do easily to get a large increase I think.
Why not build your own? That would be a fun project
One of the older Makita 9.6 volt drills would be a great starting point- they had a selectable High/Low gearbox
and lots of torque

Last edited:
OK. even if you were to bypass the speed control you might only gain another 10%, so nothing you can do easily to get a large increase I think.
Why not build your own? That would be a fun project
One of the older Makita 9.6 volt drills would be a great starting point- they had a selectable High/Low gearbox
and lots of torque
good idea - thanks

You can get used Makita drills cheap these days since they used NiCd battery packs and nobody wants them anymore
The model I'm thinking of is/was called 6012HD and they have another nice feature- an adjustable slip clutch which would be great for
power feed use
Just add a power supply and a controller like this or similar:

Last edited:
Back