grizzly mill thoughts

Hello sage, thoughtful, experienced fellow machine enthusiasts,

I am considering purchasing a Grizzly Model G0755 Mill/Drill. This is listed as a "New" item in the 2013 catalog. If anyone has any thoughts on this or other experience with Grizzly mills your opinions and time spent in reply would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeff

Grizzly came out with the G0484 mill a few years ago that is almost identical.

Do a google search to see how many people actually received them and how they like them. Not many. I would be careful.

I bet they don't have any in stock and they will probably tell you it's at least 4-6 weeks before they get any.

Here they are both side by side.

g0755.jpg g0484.jpg

g0755.jpg g0484.jpg

Wow..same machine, just updated? Interesting. Well, the OP hasn't told us what his main intentions were for using the mill. So with that in mind I suggest he look at the G0704 then. Many happy owners of that mill and therefore lots of sites about modding and CNC'ing it. Had I not found my Johansson/Clausing small knee mill literally the day before I was to drive to Grizzly, I would be a 704 owner, too.

I have this one and the 0704 along with a metal cutting bandsaw and a few woodworking machines. the customer support with grizzly is good and the products generaly appear to be above average for the price.
g0559.jpg

g0559.jpg

I have the G0704, and I'm relatively happy with it. I say this simply because being "nit-picky" as there were few things that needed attention such as loose screws that held the table screws in place, and a lot of casting dirt to clean out. If you don't mind going over the machine once you get it, I think you'll be happy as the performance seems great so far.

Yours would be a nicer machine than mine, so maybe more attention will be given to the preparation of it before shipping.

Good luck to you-
Dave

Back