grizzly mill thoughts

talkingmonkey

Active User
Registered
Hello sage, thoughtful, experienced fellow machine enthusiasts,

I am considering purchasing a Grizzly Model G0755 Mill/Drill. This is listed as a "New" item in the 2013 catalog. If anyone has any thoughts on this or other experience with Grizzly mills your opinions and time spent in reply would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeff

No experience with Grizzly stuff but nobody complains about them...

That style is a Rong-Fu square column clone and it looks to be a great value with lots of cool features. Can't see anything about it I don't like.

I have that style of mill and like it a whole lot!

Ray

Thanks Ray for looking at that. It seems like a good value for the features provided it is accurate. I have a friend with several Grizzly woodworking tolls that are more than passable. Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Jeff

I have there G0704 I have been verry happy with it. There customer service is supper. That is a much larger mill than mine and packed full of features. Good luck.

I agree they are good for someone starting out I was just starting to use mine when we had to pack up and get ready to move, I almost cried:bawling: their customer service is great to no complaints and plus there is a lot of site out there just for the g0704

I have the smaller clone of the G0704, (Warco WM 16) more akin to the BF20L & I am very satisfied with its performance to date I like all the features that it comes with, the only gripe I have is the size of the chip guard, I have now replaced this with a full table length 2mm acetate version, now much easier to see what's going on at the tip :)) I have also fitted DRO's so I can now ignore any backlash in the X & Y axes, see pics (if they have att)

2013-01-19 12.05.29 (800x600) (800x600).jpg2013-01-19 12.05.54 (600x800) (600x800).jpg

Cheers
George :thumbzup:

2013-01-19 12.05.29 (800x600) (800x600).jpg 2013-01-19 12.05.54 (600x800) (600x800).jpg

I have the smaller clone of the G0704, (Warco WM 16) more akin to the BF20L & I am very satisfied with its performance to date I like all the features that it comes with, the only gripe I have is the size of the chip guard, I have now replaced this with a full table length 2mm acetate version, now much easier to see what's going on at the tip :)) I have also fitted DRO's so I can now ignore any backlash in the X & Y axes, see pics (if they have att)

View attachment 47619View attachment 47620

Cheers
George :thumbzup:

When I first scrolled to your post, I thought you had an aquarium on your table!@#! LOL

Great Idea though!
Does it have back planes as well? Keep all the swarf in and on the table... and you only have one area to vacuum!

The G0755 nice, but the G0704 has a variable speed motor that without mods turns 2200 rpm. By simply adjusting the Vmax pot to its maximum you can easily attain 3000 to 3500 rpm. Amazing finishes can be achieved at 2500+ rpm.

That's a helluvanice machine! If I was looking for a new mill these days I'd pro'lly go with that one. Nice size table, no changing belts for speeds, power long/feed.... nice accessory package with it. The 704 has a lot of happy owners and I think both the 755 and the 704 are gonna be Grizzly's top sellers soon.

Daver
I will be putting some sort of back screen on it, I haven't decided yet, but most likely fix up a transparent flexible vinyl sheet (table protector type) that can be clipped on & off the head, probably using neodymium magnets to fix the bottom into the back T slot so that everything, well most of it, :thinking: will remain on the table..it's on my toduit list.

Cheers
George

Back