Grizzly Mill Or Pm

I would like to add a number +1 for PM if for no other reason than the customer service.

I have a 1030V lathe from them and I was having an issue with my gears on a Sunday around 5:30 PM and Matt was helping to troubleshoot. Then sent me a bunch of spare parts free of charge to get things moving faster. It inspires a lot of confidence knowing that anytime something goes wrong, they will make it right with as little hassle to you as possible.
I've been rereading all this stuff for reference from you guys while I'm on the hunt again...
...now, pulling the trigger is the problem...
...any suggestions out there for separating cash from a vise like grip?

Last edited:
epaired, I still some problems with my main Machine Tool Control): 4 concussions w/3 skull fractures and 2 subdural hematomas,

I've been rereading all this stuff for reference from you guys while I'm on the hunt again...

It helps if you remember that you arent just throwing all that money down the toilet. You are getting an item that will hold its value pretty well. My first lathe I got new for $475 or so and sold it a couple months later for $400. I could have gotten more but I didnt want to wait. So I really only spent $75 on that thing which isn't bad considering how much I did with it.

It helps if you remember that you arent just throwing all that money down the toilet. You are getting an item that will hold its value pretty well. My first lathe I got new for $475 or so and sold it a couple months later for $400. I could have gotten more but I didnt want to wait. So I really only spent $75 on that thing which isn't bad considering how much I did with it.
Ya true that (I gotta' remember...like that Logan I bought for $750 and sold for $2000 a few yrs later (but with some of my "TLC" and other "stuff" I added to it/with it...(signed: A dummy)
...Note: I'm not all that reminiscent hurt over selling the Jet...Ima' likeing this PM talk and research here....

...just a question here to any guys about these PM table tops (or others) (ifn' you have done done it or similar)...
...can you take, say at least a .050 deep cut, the width of say half the width of a 3/4" carbide endmill (or steel ifn' the carbide is gonna' get all chiped up) along the side (edge) on say a 4140 plate without the table on X wanting to "vibrate" like a washing machine on spin cycle with a load of towels all on one side of the tub??...(and needing a new X lead screw assembly in 6 months or whatever?) (With Y locked, and X snugged a bit of course...and the quill up as far as possible and locked of course....and of course I don't expect it to climb mill except maybe a couple of thousandths or less for finish on that shoulder (if needed)...?

I would just suggest to not fight nature. Invest $40k (or so) in a stock that pays a 5-10% dividend. Take money from the dividends and buy a mill or lathe and keep the stock.

Back