Grizzly G9901

Jmccrack

Registered
Registered
Hey All. I am buying a new mill. I am looking seriously at the Grizzly G9901. I see some videos on you tube that give it a good review. Any thoughts from anyone?

I have the G0602, I know it not the one your are looking for but as Grizzly goes you may have to do a little tweaking here and there. I have been and still am happy with mine.

Best of luck with your decision.

I dont now the market up your way. But for 6k down here you can buy a really nice bridgeport power feed, dro, and some tooling used.

Hi all! I don't mean to revive such an old thread, but I am looking at a used 9901 for around 3k. It's a little ways away and outside of the normal wear items is there anything about these models I should look for?

Is it a true bridgeport clone? Any bearing issues I should know about?

Thanks for any information advice etc!

I have the 9901, don't think it's an exact copy of a Bridgeport. I have not had any trouble with the machine.

I also have a G9901. Most of the knobs and levers on the head were cheaply made. I broke a few then just replaced them all with quality parts from McMaster.

When I bought mine (around y2k) one of its big features was that it came with a US made motor. Care to guess which one part crapped out in the first year? I replaced it with a Baldor and haven't looked back.

Otherwise it's been a good machine and I've never regretted buying it.

GsT

Do you have the model number of that Baldor?

I assume yours is also belt drive since it is a 9901?

Thanks

Yes, belt drive. Motor Cat. No. CL3516TM, Spec 38K375W226 (near as I can make out - attached picture of the plate).

It's been a long time, but IIRC I had to make a custom key to attach the pulley. Everything else was a direct fit.

HTH,

GsT

Attachments

• baldor2.jpg
    baldor2.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 4
Back