Grizzly G0704 spindle break in

I dont know who or why this thread was closed, but I reopened it for the members to continue the discussion if they see fit. Anybody know who ar why the thread was closed to begin with? We have had some software weirdness lately so I just re-opened it and w'ell see what happens.
Bob

I am not personally familiar with your Grizzly mill, but have first hand experience with their large drill press. In my case, the noise and slight vibration was from a belt that had a heavy spot in it where it was joined. The belt looked and felt fine, but watching it run at top rpm showed a shake in it. A replacement US made belt eliminated the problem totally, and may be the same problem you are experiencing.

I dont know who or why this thread was closed, but I reopened it for the members to continue the discussion if they see fit. Anybody know who ar why the thread was closed to begin with? We have had some software weirdness lately so I just re-opened it and w'ell see what happens.
Bob
Hi Bob, I am new to the site and therefore not familiar with all the policys. I felt the responses that were suggested addressed the problem to my satisfaction. Seeing that there was an option provided to close the thread I clicked on it.I did not know the thread was supposed to run indefinetly.I guess I know better now.

I am not personally familiar with your Grizzly mill, but have first hand experience with their large drill press. In my case, the noise and slight vibration was from a belt that had a heavy spot in it where it was joined. The belt looked and felt fine, but watching it run at top rpm showed a shake in it. A replacement US made belt eliminated the problem totally, and may be the same problem you are experiencing.
The Grizzly is a geared configuration, The problem appears to have been a resonance issue. I have been working the mill the last 2 days and have had no issues.Works great with 1/2'' endmill in low range.

Back