Grizzly bandsaw riser block

Restopaul

Registered
Registered
I’m looking at a Grizzly H3051 riser block to adapt to my Delta bandsaw. (It’s about $200 cheaper than the kits on eBay that are modified to fit Delta.) I asked a question on the Grizzly website about the diameter of the guidepost without mentioning why I was asking. Grizzly’s answer was only that the kit was designed for their G0555 or G0555x bandsaws. Anybody have one of those models that could measure their guidepost. I’m hoping it’s 15/16 and I can use the kit. Thanks…..Paul

I bought a riser kit from Grizzly for my Delta clone. I can’t remember the Grizzly model I ordered.
The locating dowels had to be repositioned to make it fit. Easily done.
The guidepost was the wrong size. I called Grizzly and explained the problem. They were very helpful, figured out the Grizzly post I needed and sent it at no charge.

Called Grizzly this morning and they absolutely refused to give me any information other than what model Grizzly saws each kit fits.

The kit came with a 7/8 shaft. I bought a 15/16 shaft with a full length keyway from McMaster Carr. 40 bucks pickup up at will call window. I had to turn down the end slightly to fit the guide block. Roughed on bench grinder and finished with a file on my wood lathe. Works great and I almost 200 bucks ahead.

Back