Grizzly 0758

Got my mill today!
I saw the UPS truck pull up to the shop and I was like a kid on Christmas morning!
Got the crate off the truck and all looked good. I had it opened up before the truck could get out of the drive.
Wouldn't you know it, the vertical feed handwheel was broken off and the motor cover had a pretty good dent in it.
Called up Grizzly and described the damage. They said they'd have the replacement parts out to me tomorrow.
All is well now....

Congrats on the new mill. For the future, Always open a crate in fron't of the driver. don't let him leave till you check it out. He will note the damage on the shipping papers. Makes life easer.

Nice looking machine. Grizzly is real good about replacements. My Z fine feed was out of whack on my 0519 and they sent a box of new parts. The new parts lose .005 every 3rd revolution but better than it was.

Congrats on the delivery of the new mill. Let's see some pictures of that bad boy when you get it set up and running.

I agree with above about checking for damage with the driver present.

My replacement parts came Friday.
Might be a couple weeks though before I get 'er set up. Seems like my wife has every spare moment planned out for me the next few weeks!

My replacement parts came Friday.
Might be a couple weeks though before I get 'er set up. Seems like my wife has every spare moment planned out for me the next few weeks!

Doesn't she know YOU JUST GOT A NEW MILL!~? :))

Doesn't she know YOU JUST GOT A NEW MILL!~? :))

Ha! Not exactly....It's one of those purchases that "just appeared"!
She'll probably never even see it to tell you the truth. She knows shop time is me time! We've been married 17yrs and she's probably set foot in the shop 5 times.

Ha! Not exactly....It's one of those purchases that "just appeared"!
She'll probably never even see it to tell you the truth. She knows shop time is me time! We've been married 17yrs and she's probably set foot in the shop 5 times.

I can understand that. I think my wife's been in my *machine shop* twice and had no clue what she was looking at. She finally got to appreciate me having them though when I made her a part for her patio table to keep the umbrella from wiggling around. :))

Back