Great Tooling Find

roadie33

Active User
Registered
I picked this up at an auction Saturday. This is just some of the stuff. Some was in tubes and were brand new. I already put them in my boxes before I thought to snap a few pics of them. Probably close to 15 of them from 1/2" to 1" Drills and reamers with MT2 shanks. When I get it all cleaned up with Evapo-Rust I'll snap some more pics.

upload_2016-1-17_21-39-58.png

Some of the stuff, like the Rigid Universal dies, I have no use for so I'll probably list them on Ebay
upload_2016-1-17_21-40-23.png

upload_2016-1-17_21-41-45.png

Not sure what type of cutters these are. They have MT2 shanks so that will work on my lathe.
upload_2016-1-17_21-42-33.png

upload_2016-1-17_21-44-1.png

Here is some in Evapo-rust getting DE-rusted.
upload_2016-1-17_21-45-10.png

This one is full of Taps. close to 50 of them. From 4-40 to 1-8. Just about time to throw the Evapo-Rust out.
upload_2016-1-17_21-47-6.png

And here is the most unusual hand dolly I've ever seen. Had to make a new shaft collar to go between the 2 center wheels. 1" CRS reamed to 5/8" center 7 1/8" long.

upload_2016-1-17_21-50-0.png upload_2016-1-17_21-43-15.png

Those are piloted counterbore tools. Could be virtually any size, but usually they are for standard SHCS head sizes. The pilots are held in by the setscrew and can be changed to another size if needed.

Thanks Tony.
I thought that might be what they were, but better to ask first than use them and break something.

Nice score. On the counter-bore tools, is the idea that you first drill a hole the size of the bearing + some amount of clearance to increase the rigidity of the cut? Thanks, Mike

Those are piloted counterbore tools. Could be virtually any size, but usually they are for standard SHCS head sizes. The pilots are held in by the setscrew and can be changed to another size if needed.

On the Rigid dies, I would think one could build an adjustable holder to fit them and be able to thread a multitude
of diameters, very handy...

I have some counter bores with fixed pilots for standard SHCS common size screws , and a bunch with removable pilots. They work good for squaring up the face of screw holes and sinking the heads of allan bolt's/screws into the work

I have a set of the fixed counterbore type, and I've found them to be pretty useful - IF the preliminary hole is the right size!

Nice score, lots of useful tools you have there.

How hard is the shank on the tool holder in the first and second pic on the right side?
It is 1" and I would have to mill it down to 5/8" to use it in my QCTP holders.
Just wondering if that was doable or should I try to sell it and get a smaller one?

Back