Great scam

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Found this on CL. Yeah, I know it was too good to be true but I've gotten real deals like this before.

Here is the reply. Obviously from out side the states. Read carefully. No one says, "Omaha, NE" We just say "Omaha" and my sister's not "my sister". Also it's very "formal" sounding.

Like I need a trailer. But, if I find something it want to haul it will be much easier that going to rent one. Makes it easier to get new toys. I always tell my wife it followed me home which is technically true. She just give me the "look" :laughing:

Hi, My name is Karen and I'm the owner of the 2011 Steel Deck Car Hauler. Let me give you a few details about it. Well maintained, 1 owner, 18 ft,Wrap tongue connecting with angle brace fenders Dual 3,500 lb. Axles with electric brakes on the rear axle 15 in.The final price is $800. Because of my divorce settlement, I now own this Trailer and I don't need it, I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible. I also got a new job and moved to my sister in Omaha, NE and the vehicle is here with me, many other things have priority now so it has to go. Before leaving I had prearranged a deal with ebay buyer protection so my presence isn't necessary. If you want to buy it the deal will be done using ebay's services and I can provide free delivery as I have a promotional free shipping card with them and I am planning to redeem it for this transaction if we move forward. The deal includes 5 days to test and inspect the vehicle. No money will be released to me until you decide to keep it or not. So , if you are interested in buying my Trailer, just email me with your full name, full shipping address and street number so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the whole procedure. Thank you,,,

scam trailer.jpg

EBay protected? That is a good deal.

I don't think I'd buy it.
In fact, I'd run away, well, walk fast.

I liked the free shipping from "Omaha, NE" and 5 days to test it.

Yup, didn't buy it.

I found another one in the same area and it was real. $900 and no title. I see a lot of trailers listed with no title.

No title that just became home built, and registered. :)

It looks nice considering the low price. Here even a small HF trailer has to be licensed.

I called my local licensing agency and she said if I buy a trailer with just a bill of sale I need to have it inspected by the state patrol and they have a 2 moth plus backlog. I can't use it for the 2 months. Then I get a license plate and temp registration but no title. I have to wait 3 years for the title and can't sell it.

Last edited:
If we home build, get it weighed, pass safety check, pay the tax, then get the plates

Ha! “ I’ll have my eBay contact call you! “

That’s a good one. Scam-a-licious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of poor “ladies” getting divorces now days.
I’ve seen adds for 4-wheelers, side by sides, and even Cadillac Escalades for dirt cheap on CL and space book marketplace. Can also be seen at a local dealer, (who has not seen such a vehicle). By the same forlorn divorcee. All you have to do is email your credit card number and it’s yours.
I was born at night, but it wasn’t last night, if you know what I mean.

Chuck

Found this on CL. Yeah, I know it was too good to be true but I've gotten real deals like this before.

Here is the reply. Obviously from out side the states. Read carefully. No one says, "Omaha, NE" We just say "Omaha" and my sister's not "my sister". Also it's very "formal" sounding.

Like I need a trailer. But, if I find something it want to haul it will be much easier that going to rent one. Makes it easier to get new toys. I always tell my wife it followed me home which is technically true. She just give me the "look" :laughing:

Hi, My name is Karen and I'm the owner of the 2011 Steel Deck Car Hauler. Let me give you a few details about it. Well maintained, 1 owner, 18 ft,Wrap tongue connecting with angle brace fenders Dual 3,500 lb. Axles with electric brakes on the rear axle 15 in.The final price is $800. Because of my divorce settlement, I now own this Trailer and I don't need it, I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible. I also got a new job and moved to my sister in Omaha, NE and the vehicle is here with me, many other things have priority now so it has to go. Before leaving I had prearranged a deal with ebay buyer protection so my presence isn't necessary. If you want to buy it the deal will be done using ebay's services and I can provide free delivery as I have a promotional free shipping card with them and I am planning to redeem it for this transaction if we move forward. The deal includes 5 days to test and inspect the vehicle. No money will be released to me until you decide to keep it or not. So , if you are interested in buying my Trailer, just email me with your full name, full shipping address and street number so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the whole procedure. Thank you,,,

View attachment 363395

Nope-nope-nope-nope-... NO WAY!

Unless you want to lose $800 and give all your personal information to a theif...

Ebay doesn't provide 'buyer protection' outside of e-bay... they make no money on the transaction, why would they guarantee it?

Ebay doesn't 'hold' money for anyone... ever... it's not in their business model. Why would they?

I doubt ebay ever gives 'free shipping coupons'... never heard of that... and definately not on something that will cost almost as much to ship as the item costs.

If it sounds too good to be true... it almost always is.

Buyer beware...

-Bear

Back