Got This In A Box Of Tooling...what Is It?

sd624

Active User
Registered
So I know its a insert cutter of some sort but what kind of an arbor or holder does it attache to?

IMG_1972.JPG IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1974.JPG IMG_1975.JPG

I can't find any information by the part number. I would think that any shank that would fit the socket would work. You would have to have a good fit to keep it from wobbling in use. I've never see one that attaches with 2 set screws like that. Looks like it might take round inserts.

There was a couple more in the box. All made by Mil-tec. Can't find anything on their site. One is a button head cutter the other is a shell mill arbor. All have the same mounting as the one in my first post.

I think an email to Mil-Tec would be in order. Those may be an obsolete part number.

I think it is an obsolete part number. The FC-2-3 they have now is a bit different. So it may have been made for one of their priority shanks. But an email to them might shed some light on what that shank would look like.

Just found two more similar to the other ones except these are made by Precision
Components in Troy Mi.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428251354.757508.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428251384.710349.jpg

they are just small special facing mill cutters with round or triangular carbide inserts---you don't have to have the factory made shank---if the IDs are all the same---just make your own shaft to a snug tolerance and mill two flats for the set screws----and use them in your mill collet-------I have a hand full of similar new ones to do the same-----Dave

I would just make an arbor Turn to a snug fit with a shoulder , take the setscrews out. Push the cutter on the arbor and use a drill that just clears the threads and demple the arbor. It will take much more torque that way. I wouldn't mind haveing something like the ones with round inserts.

Back