Going Computer Shopping

Computer repair stores often have good second-hand units for sale with warranties, might want to look into that
Mark S.

IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads are tanks, but the screens are only 14" IIRC. Everyone I know with one loves it and they're built to last. I've picked up a couple from Ebay and they're going strong. If you want Apple then you gotta pay the big boy prices.

I have been buying Dells off the refurb sight for years, This one has been through the ringer. Once died, and then I ordered a new screen from Amazon and put it back in use. Wife busted keys on hers and got a KB off ebay. but they have been solid. This one gets taken to and from work each day, Plus thrown around in the car with emergency stops because of bad drivers etc. Thus held up good.
No mater what you get back up your data. We have HPs, at work don't like them much, MS surfaces would not recommend, Have an off the wall that does dual boot, good for reader etc. but not great for other things. Hope you find something you like.

I made the switch from Dell windows based laptops to a MacBook Air over 4 years ago and will never go back. You might want to check it out. It's not inexpensive but uses all flash memory (512 Meg) and has no hard drive to fail.

Back