Gits bros MFG oiling cups for ball bearing headstock - Derbyshire magnum or elect lathe

NKmachinist

Registered
Registered
Hi All, looking for some guidance to source Gits bros oiling cup used in Derbyshire magnum or elect lathe? I have taken some pics, looked around on eBay and tried to understand what NPT is to compare with my thread size. Still very lost. TIA..

Thread size is 6.6 mm, total length is 15.34 mm
IMG_1926.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1925.jpeg
    IMG_1925.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 15
Gits oilers in that style are available in 1/4-32 thread.
Need to check the pitch of that thread.

Seems to be an odd size; we don't work in mm here, as stated above, we need mor info on thread pitch,

Seems to be an odd size; we don't work in mm here, as stated above, we need mor info on thread pitch,
I understand what you are saying. That’s the reason why I am stuck. I was able to take measurements using a caliper and got the readings in mm. Also the reason why I am not able the follow the sizing chart..

what makes you think it's not imperial that's close to 1/4"
I would think it’s imperial as this is an out and out American lathe.. sorry for giving measurements in mm. That’s what I learnt in school and not able to quite understand the imperial system..

I would think it’s imperial as this is an out and out American lathe.. sorry for giving measurements in mm. That’s what I learnt in school and not able to quite understand the imperial system..
Many old english lathes were imperial.. and your 6.63 falls around the .25" .261" it is 10 thou over, but it might be tapered so it doesn't leak.. I don't know.. if it's .25 at the bottom and .261 at the top then it probably is slightly tapered.

Back