Gerstner 052 and another smaller

hotrats

andy harwood
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Saw these two at a flea mkt. larger one, the 052 I think, in pretty good condition, needs felt, drawer pulls, has a couple small areas where veneer is missing. 2nd the door has got repair, and box need some work. the handles on each were in good condition. Sadly, didn't take pics, any ball park value - know that's hard with out seeing. Asking price was $200 each

Just sold a 1937 Gerstner for $200 up at Cabin Fever , so they're priced about right .

Saw these two at a flea mkt. larger one, the 052 I think, in pretty good condition, needs felt, drawer pulls, has a couple small areas where veneer is missing. 2nd the door has got repair, and box need some work. the handles on each were in good condition. Sadly, didn't take pics, any ball park value - know that's hard with out seeing. Asking price was $200 each

Not bad pricing. I sold a O42 last month for $200. Needed felt finish was ok.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Not bad pricing. I sold a O42 last month for $200. Needed felt finish was ok.

Cutting oil is my blood.
Thanks. I'll try to go back this weekend, see if they are still there, see if she will haggle some on price

i have 6 gerstners and 1 pilloid. (i like wooded machinest boxes) only 1 was venier. i think that it was pre ww2. does anyone the history and why was that one venier; or was it a cheaper model??

Back