Gear Hobbing

MattM

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm interested in gear hobbing. Anyone built a gear hobbing machine.

Hi Matt I remember seeing a vid. on you tube the other day but didn't watch it as I was
looking for something else at the time...........

I did see probably the same Vid. It was a hobbing machine built from a kit. I tried seaching the internet but nothing was available on the links that were given.

Fascinating. That is not the video I saw. The mechanical side would stretch my abilities but I'm pretty sure I could bring it off. No clue on the electronic stuff but I have a friend who might be willing to do it.

Does that guy sell plans?

Anyone know where I can get plans?

Greg Halligan is recording a series on his YouTube channel where he is machining and building a hobbing kit. I think he references the source of the kit in his video as well. I believe it is an attachment for a lathe.

You might toss this one into your searches. It's a bit of a toy, to be sure. But most of us deal with toy machines on a daily basis.

It piqued my interest a few years ago and I bookmarked the site. I had intended to order a set of plans for it and maybe think about making one, but the website seems to be down right now. Hopefully it comes back online. Or perhaps plans exist somewhere out in the ether.

I’ve begun the process. Other priorities/projects have cut in line. Check my moderator project forum for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back