Garrett Millerette Valuation- cica 1920/1930's

bernie.lomax

Registered
Registered
Hi, I am new to the site & am hoping that you may be able to assist me...my father is in his 80's & has a Garrett Millerette lathe attachment (1920's/1930's) which includes the vice, gear cutting attachment, 24 gears, support rod & tailstock...he sold his lathe last year & I am helping him to downsize...we would like to see his collectable pieces go to people who know what they are & can use & appreciate them...I am hoping that the attached pics help the community to provide an idea of fair valuation...right now, trying to establish a fair value is proving challenging, so I thought I would try the members for assistance...any assistance is appreciated...my email is david.drake@sympatico.ca...thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_9356.JPG
    IMG_9356.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9355.JPG
    IMG_9355.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9354.JPG
    IMG_9354.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Ebay starting at 99 cents and the fair value will be determined in 6 days.

e
Only if the add is well written, and the right key words for people searching. I have acquired several great deals, because of wrong spelling, little or no description, wrong names, ect. Also needs to be sure to have the right amount to cover shipping.

This is a great example where just the name would not get many bids.

I know but an just a smart a@$ reply to someone who just joined for a free answer.

I have no idea what that is or how to use it. But, I would start at $100 mimimum and open it from there. Further, I would give it a "generic" discription with the brand name buried in the text somewhere. A good number of high dollar bids are for parts sold by "dealers" that have no idea what they're selling. They just know how to "hit" a wide audience. It would help if you listed what machine it was pulled from. Hell, I would offer that minimum even though I don't know what it is.

That is one heck of a complete (by the looks of it) set.
Now to go do some digging...

Here we go, on this site even...
@Eddyde posted this back in '17 :

*EDIT*
After going through the other post and drooling over this attachment.
I see Bill's $100 and raise him $10 - :grin:

*EDIT #2* just realized that my post duplicates what @Superburban posted above... oops.

Last edited:
I would beg to differ; the only thing that is determined by such a listing in EB is who happens to be watching and how much he is willing to spend at that point in time. Not all potential buyers will see the item for sale or perhaps be in a position to buy it regardless of their wants/needs. Having owned two of those, one with vise, and one with (incomplete) dividing head that I sold on EB many years ago, I know that it would be a desireable item. They make any other lathe milling attachment look like scrap iron.

Become a supporter here and list it in the classified forum... :grin:
supports this forum and is a lot cheaper than eBay & fees.

Hi, I am new to the site & am hoping that you may be able to assist me...my father is in his 80's & has a Garrett Millerette lathe attachment (1920's/1930's) which includes the vice, gear cutting attachment, 24 gears, support rod & tailstock...he sold his lathe last year & I am helping him to downsize...we would like to see his collectable pieces go to people who know what they are & can use & appreciate them...I am hoping that the attached pics help the community to provide an idea of fair valuation...right now, trying to establish a fair value is proving challenging, so I thought I would try the members for assistance...any assistance is appreciated...my email is david.drake@sympatico.ca...thanks for your help

Back