G4003G Chronicles #3 - CHINA!!! (face palm), GRRRRRAHHHH #2

Coolidge: The three jaw chuck that came with my G4003G has TIR of .0014 has long as I tighten the chuck using the same wrench hole each time. Bought the Bison 5C collet chuck couldn't be happier with it. So far what do you think of the DRO you installed? Roger

Too soon for me to report on the DRO, its working fine but I want some more time with it. I just recently purchased a set of indexable tooling so I still need to sort out how to do the tool offsets on the DRO. I do know my carriage is a bit too loose as vibration and the weight of the hand wheel is enough to watch it change 1-3 tenths on the DRO. I have only had one good test with the DRO so far. I needed to part off a spacer last weekend .300 inch thick. I touched the part off tool to the face, moved over .300 plus the width of the part off insert, first attempt was .013 over, second attempt (I attempted to touch the face more lightly) was .006 over. I'd like to get all the tool offsets dialed in and more time on the machine. It is awesome to be able to reference the DRO and know where I'm at vs the dials or mics/calipers. Saves a lot of time.

Back