G4000 Leadscrew Binding

Thanks for all the posts. I loosened the QCGB and ran the carriage over to the left and snugged it and the bind is much better, but because of the bent screw it sticks as i turn it by hand, I could actually use it like this and couldn't before. I measured the bend in 2 places and noted .0025" and .010", because I'm measuring on threads the margin for error is large. Grizzly has the lead screw for 50 bucks or so, plus I need the half nut lever too and might as well get the nylon gear, I'm going to order them.

IMG_0056[1].JPG IMG_0057[1].JPG

OK, I never made an intro and found myself disconnected, I've always left reading instructions till later!
I've replaced the lead screw and things are much better now. there still is a slight stickyness as the screw rotates with the carriage all the way left. I believe the runout is at the QCGB fitting, the hole for the lead screw is not centered. I'm tempted to offset over drill it and sleeve it to get it true.
The lead screw brand new had no hole in it for the roll pin which i drilled out. The replacement half-nut lever was a different part number but did interchange. The original was retained by a ring, the new one an M4 x .7 bolt.
Next, get familiar with QCTP and attachments.

Back