Fusion 360

sr71xjet

Let the learning begin......
H-M Platinum Supporter
Just an FYI I saw an add for fusion 360 on sale for $347

That's the package I bought last year. They tend to do this about every 12 months.

For a hobby user, what does this get you over the hobby free version?

For a hobby user, what does this get you over the hobby free version?
My son and I share projects. Unable in the free version. At least i was told you cant. His version is an education version but he graduates in April, so that will be going away.

Yea you can share projects but only one person may edit them. It’s disappointing now that my son is starting to do some CAD, but sitting together has its own benefits.

I think initially, they took away the analysis features (FEA), but maybe added that back. (edit - no, it seems like no simulation for free) The 10-active document limit is annoying at times, especially when drawings count on top of the design.

I'm a total beginner and the 10-active documents has already been a problem. I'm just not sure that I'm ready to get the paid version. I defiantly need more practice.

Tim

I ended up buying a 3 year license. It was just under $1,000. I'm glad now that I did - the active document limit would be frustrating, along with the single page printed output. It works out to $28/month. On a cost per hour in front of the LCD display, it's about the same as what I pay for Netflix. Frankly, I consider it a fair value proposition - and I don't use the CAM aspects at all. I'm in the process of converting several hundred 2D files made in another CAD package so I can discontinue paying $20/month for that dinasour.

I tried their 30 day free trial. After using Creo for years at a previous job, I was underwhelmed. But, I've been kicking around getting it for a year and learning to like Fusion 360. I haven't found anything as affordable and others seem to have success with it.

Back