FOUND-Wanted an Atlas Lathe gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmankin

Registered
Registered
Am looking for a 40 tooth gear for an Atlas 10F. Have checked the normal places and found them in sets but not individually. If you have one to sell or know where there is one, please contact me through the forum or contact me directly at 423-462-4802. (Phone or Text)
Thanks,

John

Re: Wanted an Atlas Lathe gear

Try http://www.mymachineshop.net/. Joel has in the past sold individual gears for Atlas. Be sure that you specify that you need either a 9-101-40A as the non-A has a 3/8" hub length. Both have the same 3/8" face.

Robert D.

Thanks for the tip. Checked and they have none available. I could probably do the math to calculate the diameter of the gear. It would be much quicker if someone who has a 40 tooth gear would measure the diameter and post it. I can machine the rest from that figure.

Thanks,

John

Call atlas/clausing, they have some old stock. I've gotten prices from them before and they are not cheap. Let me look in my stash and I'll see if I have an extra.

Thanks for all your help, is realty appreciated to all. It is said that Good things come to those who wait! After all the searching, one popped up on ebay this afternoon. It is now mine! Did contact Clausing, they did reply and the cost with shipping is $93.50.

FWIW, McMaster catalog says that the OD is 2.63". And they had one that would have worked, for something over $40. But you would have had to machine both faces, the bore, and cut the two keyways.

Robert D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back