*** Found *** Hard Jaws For A 3-jaw Chuck

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
I am looking for a set of tongue and groove hard jaws for a 10" 3-jaw chuck. Just need the top jaws not the masters. The bolt hole distance must be 2.125". Jaws must be in good shape, no junk!

I have hard jaws coming, thanks to one of our members here.
Thank you to those whom looked at my request.

Just as a curiosity, did you have a look at Shunk, or US Tools? They sometimes have surprised me with what they can come up with.

Just as a curiosity, did you have a look at Shunk, or US Tools? They sometimes have surprised me with what they can come up with.

Tony, I did not.
Hummm, never heard of Shunk. Have to take a look.

The member that I'm buying the jaws from, made me an offer I couldn't refuse! Well under $100 for a set plus shipping!
They are going on a old Union 3-jaw chuck I picked up for about $50 bucks! The chuck appears to be in good condition. Won't know if the scroll is good or bad until I start using it. But for $50 bucks, I not going to complain!

Ken, Many thanks, how did your Union chuck zero out with the new jaws? I've had real good luck with the older US made chucks except for the school chucks that the little darlings shot across the floor. Best of luck with the project---David

I have the jaws mounted. The jaw teeth are flush with the master jaw. The lathe that this chuck will be used on is in storage until i can the 20" L & S moved to its new home. It's just too darn hot right now to do anything down here in south Texas! Again, thanks for your help in finding a set of jaws for me. Ken

I'll second that! (on the temperature). Twice in the past week the remote thermometer on our patio has hit 110 F here in Houston. 108 F has been common.

Back