Found a good use for my Crosman .22 cal. pellet gun

Another gear up landing. It can happen to the best.
The question is, did he walk away from it?

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing."

We had a pilot/maintenance coordinator in our university flying club who was fond of that quote. Through no fault of his own he flipped a C182 on landing after dumping a load of skydivers. The axle from the front nosewheel had come out and thus no nosewheel, landing on a grass strip. He was fine but the Cessna was totaled. From then on I reminded him he'd had one good landing.

I’ve got a .177 pellet rifle that can even kill a rabbit with a well placed shot, a fun thing to scare away birds is fill a water bottle to 100 psi with a bike valve and let the birds come close then shoot it, extremely loud and they don’t come back for a while.

This is the internet and one must be careful of PITA mob violence, so I'll believe a member here bouncing pellets.

A bit of trivia. Our city crows have somehow developed an awareness of long guns. A barrel coming out of a window or door will send out the alarm.

However, for whatever reason, they don't know about handguns. I can walk outside and under the tree with my Crosman .177 CO2 gun and if I should choose, knock the buggers out of the tree.

Naturally, I'd never wish harm on crows which attack songbird nests and even baby squirrels. Nature red in fang and claw.

jack vines

The question is, did he walk away from it?

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing."

We had a pilot/maintenance coordinator in our university flying club who was fond of that quote. Through no fault of his own he flipped a C182 on landing after dumping a load of skydivers. The axle from the front nosewheel had come out and thus no nosewheel, landing on a grass strip. He was fine but the Cessna was totaled. From then on I reminded him he'd had one good landing.
A great landing is one that allows you to reuse the equipment.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

my Dad used to (still does?) have an air rifle solely for the purpose of shooting at pigeons that liked to land on the TV aerial. Used to p!$s him off no end, especially the big fat ones that could pretty much change the channel all by themselves.

If you want to have fun with gulls, feed them cheeze- it crackers with Tabasco sauce on um. It takes about 30 seconds after they gobble them up to figure out what's going on and start barking and hacking...

Reminds me of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and the fate of four times fifty living men that started with chucking a rock at a bird...

Back