Foreclosure Impulse Buy. How Did I Do?

c60

Registered
Registered
My wife called me at lunch time yesterday to let me know a local company was closing down and the word of mouth only sell out was happening. Got there soon as and picked these up for $50 Australian (About 38.60 US).

3x Mitutoyo 0-20 .01mm Gauges
1x Mitutoyo Dial Caliper imperial
2x Mitutoyo Micrometers 1 ea imp and metric.

All are currently certified and tested.

Realised after I took the shot one of the gauges is my original 0-10mm , I've already swapped in a 0-20 onto my magnetic base, but you get the idea.

I think I did all right here?

IMAG0401.jpg

That's great, You did not buy them you stole them for that price. YOu did good.

well if you find any fault in the measuring devices, you can always send them stateside...;)
great score!
congratulations mate!

Second purchase was a couple of stands with parts boxes. These are double sided floor stands and were totally filled with boxes between the two, - that is around 45 sq feet. The boxes were themselves filled with nuts, bolts etc, mostly hex and stainless. Sizes from 3mm up in to the 20 odd mm sizes, Largest number in the 8-10-12 -16. Still sorting it all out. I'll have to on sell a lot of it, no room and no way will I as a hobbyist use all that in a lifetime.

Condition of buy was - "if you want the racks you take the contents". I'll wall mount some of the holders, sell the second stand.

Sorry about the odd images, my phone cam goes pink after 30 seconds on.

I got bids on more stuff yet

Web--Bolts.jpg

I've had just over a week now the review my impulse buys and I'm absolutely sure I did very well. Self doubt was definitely there the first day or two, maybe a self comment there.
The nuts and bolts thing is a bit of a headache. The floor stands are too much for my shed/workshop. The stands are in the workshop totally in my way for resolving the very issue they create. I've partially dismantled one and am in the process of moving the back plates to the walls. . All the plastic boxes have to be emptied and washed. The contents I'm cleaning off in a kitchen sieve (just a shake off) before returning to now clean boxes. It seems to be taking forever. Once I've got the boxes back mounted up I can really assess what is there, consolidate duplicates, and move on what I won't use. That will probably be most of the larger stuff 16mm and up, plus around 3/4 of the excessive smallers. There will be a complete floor stand and the partial too to sell.

My other bids (the sale was split between make an immediate offer and secret bids) are in limbo. Seems the sale has become a bit of an organisational mess. I have an offer on more gauges including some big OD micrometers with unused still sealed anvils and a secret bid on a 2hp single phase mill. I don't expect to win the mill , only a low bid and probably too big for my available floor space anyway, I would use it mind you. Not sure how I would get 300-350kg up a lawn and in through a low roller door.

Back