For you Pennsylvania Guys.

Anyone know what the boring mill sold for?
Martin

Pennsylvania? Sneeze and you'd be in Ohio!
I guess , you would be within walking distance to Warren! Didn’t realize exactly where Sharon was.
Martin

Having room for a machine like this is always the problem unless you plan a head like Tom did having space is key !!! It makes me think about my shop that in the process of rebuilding

Hammer price was $1000.00 according to Bidspotter
Martin

wow... that Chevalier mill went for $560
motor was off of it. Wonder what condition it was in.

The shaper went for $340

Hammond Diamond toolgrinder went for $80! :oops:

over 1/2 the stuff in that auction went for $10....

Wrong time for me though! Hope maybe someone out there who's on the forum got something

I was a consultant to the auctioneering company when they “dissolved” Raymark/Universal Friction (formally Rabestos Manhattan, employed up to 3,000 up into the ‘70’s, but down to <200 in the mid-‘90’s): other than some targeted items that were pre-sold and most of the (very large) dust collectors that were bought by an Amish lumber mill, most items went for almost nothing. The auctioneer took a lot of the medical equipment (had a clinic not only for injuries but also for preventative asbestos testing), including an X-Ray machine for his son-in-law’s veterinarian practice. In addition to my fee, I got a commission on some multi-platten presses I negotiated, cleaned & shipped, plus a bunch of old & new metrology items.

Many of the potential buyers were looking for like-new equipment and not interested in anything else. The Amish are realistic, but needed specific items and those needed to be powered by “alternative” methods like the dust collection fans that could be driven by diesels (I’ve seen complete machine shops utilizing hydraulic motors powered by a central diesel-driven pump, and circulation fans equipped with air motors).

I was a consultant to the auctioneering company when they “dissolved” Raymark/Universal Friction (formally Rabestos Manhattan, employed up to 3,000 up into the ‘70’s, but down to <200 in the mid-‘90’s): other than some targeted items that were pre-sold and most of the (very large) dust collectors that were bought by an Amish lumber mill, most items went for almost nothing. The auctioneer took a lot of the medical equipment (had a clinic not only for injuries but also for preventative asbestos testing), including an X-Ray machine for his son-in-law’s veterinarian practice. In addition to my fee, I got a commission on some multi-platten presses I negotiated, cleaned & shipped, plus a bunch of old & new metrology items.

Many of the potential buyers were looking for like-new equipment and not interested in anything else. The Amish are realistic, but needed specific items and those needed to be powered by “alternative” methods like the dust collection fans that could be driven by diesels (I’ve seen complete machine shops utilizing hydraulic motors powered by a central diesel-driven pump, and circulation fans equipped with air motors).
I’ve seen a Amish welding shop, their bishop said they could use welders but there is gas lights and pneumatic fans

Back