Flu Shots?????

Seemed every year I got a shot, I got sick sometime that year. Stopped getting shots a number of years back, haven't been sick since. Of course it could just be dumb luck. I'm in my early 60s now so I'm sure it will catch up to me eventually... ;)

Get one each year, been sick right after a few times--but think I was already getting a virus before the shot.
Haven't got one this year yet have had a cold for about a week now.

Have for a while. This year they gave me the pneumonia shot at the same time in the other arm. For the next two days I had the chills and aches that come with those illnesses. Didn't feel sick otherwise.

One year I didn't get it. I got swine flu.
I was so sick I almost passed out.
7 days of 103 plus fever. Ended up in the hospital on IV.

After that, I get the shot. It's $30 at Rite-Aid.

You don't need it, until you need it. And by the time you need it, it's too late to get it. Flu is a bucket of mutations. You can't do them all, so you have to hope they picked the right ones. Nels got caught in one of the minor pandemics. We haven't had a big one like 1918 since vaccines became available. 1918 killed more people than WW1, and more people than the black death plague. I'm a diabetic. I wouldn't even consider not getting one.

Back