Flatbed Scanner Questions - Ot?

I like that book-edge design. If it works as advertised, I'd consider it a contender!

you are shopping in the wrong places..

Ink costs more than the machine.

Can get 3 in one machine at walmart for less than 50 bucks then when ink runs out either buy a printer only for the price of the ink or get a laser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

yup...last time i bought ink was 2 years ago...30(6 sets) for 24 bucks..used to spend 45 for 1 from hp..and they sucked

You can almost get a lifetime supply of aftermarket ink on Amazon for the Cannon for the price of a new printer. I haven't bought Cannon brand ink in about 4 years.

Ken

Go to your closest office store or printing shop and run it off on one of their machines................Another thing that I have done is just photograph the pages with your iPhone or whatever..............

Chuck,
I used the local Staples recently when I needed about seven pages of a manual copied to pdf files. They loaded it on a stick memory and I did not check it before leaving the store. Got home and looked and they had not gotten all the pages near the back bone on about half of the pages. Had to go back to town again to get it corrected. Pain in the….

Can get 3 in one machine at walmart for less than 50 bucks then when ink runs out either buy a printer only for the price of the ink or get a laser.

Tg60,
Good idea. I was in town over the weekend and took a look for a 3 in one machine with clearance to let a book over the edge and under the lid. I found this one http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/printers/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer that when closed looked like it would work. I lifted the scanner lid and it was at least 1 1/4 inch from the front edge to the scanner table. This is more than most book margins. However it was cheap enough!

I found the scanner I posted about online for a lot less than what I can get it for locally and with free shipping. I think I will pull the trigger tomorrow. I kind of like the book scan feature and the specialized software that comes with it. I went to the manufacturers site and it appears that their latest driver upgrade includes Windows 10 as being covered.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

I found the scanner I posted about online for a lot less than what I can get it for locally and with free shipping. I think I will pull the trigger tomorrow....................

Benny

I ordered midmorning Tuesday and the scanner was delivered about 1/2 hour ago. Shipped from Brooklyn NY to middle TN (south of downtown Nashville about 25 miles) in 3 days not bad for free UPS shipping!

I will get it set up and do some sample scans. Can post an evaluation of the tool if anyone is interested.

Benny

Ok, the suspense is killing me! What brand and model did you buy?

Ok, the suspense is killing me! What brand and model did you buy?
I bought the http://plustek.com/oeu/products/opticbook-series/opticbook-3900/ From B&H Photo in Brooklyn NY. They where the cheapest with free priority shipping.

Have not hooked it up yet. "Weather was "short sleeve" good like your Texas weather this time of the year and I had outdoor stuff to do and then a friend came by to use the milling machine. That used up the day.

Benny

Get your USB cable that has the same shape connectors to fit the scanner. Search USB cable configurations. The from the site listed download the software for your operating system. 9 time out of 10 if will work. Load the software, load it to c drive \ programs. When loaded and finished. Turn off your computer. Then restart the computer. It most likely will come up. Connect your scanner by USB, turn it on and it may work. . if not get a 8th grader tonlookmat it as it may need some tweaking with drivers. Tom

Back