flat belt replacement recommendation for southbend 9

well. thanks very much for chiming in everyone, i appreciate all the ideas. i had heard that baltimore belting was good. i need to try just aligning the countershaft assembly better and seeing if that helps. that clacking of the belt really doesnt bother me much honestly. i did spend about 30 on this belt so i figure i should at least try a little harder to get it working right before spending anything else. i do have one of those link belts, but had it set up on the bandsaw, should maybe try that thing on the lathe and see how it works flipped over on the flat side of the belt.

I found this place when looking for belt for my Lewis mill.

http://www.leatherdrivebelts.com/

Custom-made leather drive beltsMade with pride in the U.S.A. with American-made oak-tanned leather.

We specialize in custom-made flat leather drive belts. Single-ply, 11/64" thick, up to 4 inches wide, in any length to fit your application.

We charge a flat rate of 66 cents per square inch. This includes machine-installed Clipper clips, connector pin, packaging, handling etc. USPS shipping cost as printed on the USPS shipping label will be added to the final belt price. (For shipments outside the US, actual USPS postage cost will be added to the belt price.)

All we need is the length (to the nearest 1/8"), and the width (3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3", or 4").

We can now provide the perforated belts used on the Barnes machinery, contact us for pricing.

John Knox
847-384-1146
JOHN@LEATHERDRIVEBELTS.COM

All our belts meet or exceed National Industrial Leather Association's 4 inch lap length specification (this exceeds what is commonly found in the industry today by 100-200%).

Endless belts and special widths can also be provided. See Pricing page for more details.

See Belt Care; FAQ for information on caring for your belt, and for answers to frequently asked questions.

We are located one mile north of Chicago.

Pricing

1. STANDARD BELT (has set of clips on each end). We cut the leather to the width & length you specify, machine-install Clipper belt clips onto each end, and provide a pin for connecting the ends together. Your total price is 66 cents per square inch of belting (actual USPS postage charge will be added to the final belt price). Stock widths (3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3", 4") are generally shipped within one business day.

Back