Fish or Cut Bait-Move or settle?

I can't imagine retiring and not having a shop to work in. Tell your wife that you will be constantly under-foot and in the way if you don't have a shop!

When I bought my place I bought a shop with a house and some other crap in front of it!

I can't imagine retiring and not having a shop to work in. Tell your wife that you will be constantly under-foot and in the way if you don't have a shop!

When I bought my place I bought a shop with a house and some other crap in front of it!
Oh I hear you.
My shop is perfect for me. Yes, it's a bit small but I can do most everything I can dream up.
It's really hard not having space for, luggage, Xmas stuff, gardening stuff,. You get the idea.
Plus, this is the first time my wife hasn't been able to push a button and drive into her garage. She is really roughing it.

If you saw Oxtools latest video where he shows his new shop and the nice piece of property.
You can see how excited he is.

Moving is a ton of work, but moving home makes it all worth it.

We all know how much work we add on to the moving process with our machinist contraband.!!

How far is the nearest open country without a forest?

If you find a place out of California let me know. You may have company. If you still have the lot in Paradise have you thought about rebuilding ? If you leave the area ,you will be missed. Life is short . Be happy

If you find a place out of California let me know. You may have company. If you still have the lot in Paradise have you thought about rebuilding ? If you leave the area ,you will be missed. Life is short . Be happy
Steve,
We sold the property. To be honest, every time we go up there it's just depressing.
We sold because we didn't want to fight that battle. We couldn't really move on until we made that decision.

Wish you the best of luck in finding your new place.

We did something similar last year. We bought, what I think, will be our retirement house... We will move there in about 5 years... This will give me time to build a small workshop and get all my carp in there.

It will also be the first time since we married, that my wife will be able to park her car inside the garage... In five years, because right now I already filled the garage with my carp :D

Right now we are only going there on the weekends and the wife just loves the peace and quiet... me? I am always out doing the lawn, or working on taking off something from the honey-do list. In between breaks, I get to work on some of my pending projects that we moved to the new house...

Keep us posted!!!

Back