First job for someone

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
This morning I was outside and my neighbour came over and asked if I had a tap and die set.
I asked if he needed metric or imperial :D

He then explained that he sheared off the bolt that holds the blade to the engine shaft on his mower.
"No problem John, I take it back to my place, fix it and bring it back"

Over lunch I ground down the end of the bolt so I could punch a mark and drill for an EZ-out. Couple of turns and out it came. Chased the threads to make sure they were clean. And I even had a 5/16-24 bolt to send it back with.

I am tickled pink that I could use my tools and abilities to help him out. Even if it was completely minor.

Feels good, doesn't it!

This morning I was outside and my neighbour came over and asked if I had a tap and die set.
I asked if he needed metric or imperial :D

He then explained that he sheared off the bolt that holds the blade to the engine shaft on his mower.
"No problem John, I take it back to my place, fix it and bring it back"

Over lunch I ground down the end of the bolt so I could punch a mark and drill for an EZ-out. Couple of turns and out it came. Chased the threads to make sure they were clean. And I even had a 5/16-24 bolt to send it back with.

I am tickled pink that I could use my tools and abilities to help him out. Even if it was completely minor.
I hear you, David. It's fun and challenging making stuff for yourself. But there's nothing that compares to helping out a friend or a neighbor when they need it.

Regards,
Terry

Good job David! That's fantastic it worked out so good. And there's a reason why we have so much invested in tools. Having the right tool for the job is as varied at the jobs.

It feels great helping someone else out of a hole.

Nice.

I seem to recall this application uses a special fastener, probably not an issue but just thought I'd mention it.

John

I had a grade 5 bolt which should do the trick. Certainly better than what was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back