first home made gun

dcheff

Active User
Registered
here is my first home made gun, it is a .40 cal s&w carbine based off of the 10-22 and ar15 and uses the same mags that my carry gun uses, the xdm40 mags. all of it is hand made except for the trigger group. now im just trying to find a 1-1/8" 16tpi tap so i can mount the buffer tube and stock. i havent ordered the barrel blank yet either.

IMG_20130419_215153_072_zps792a0e6f.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure the barrel is long enough, the last thing you need is the Feds nosing around in your workshop. I know they frequent these forums looking for things to justify their existence.

Will we get video when it's operational?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably make a video when its done, right now the thing that looks like a barrel isnt one, its just a dummy chamber for checking the action. i havent ordered the barrel yet but will be getting one soon.

yes thats where im going to order the blank from. then i need to see about getting a chamber reamer then. and thanks for the compliments.

here is my first home made gun, it is a .40 cal s&w carbine based off of the 10-22 and ar15 and uses the same mags that my carry gun uses, the xdm40 mags. all of it is hand made except for the trigger group. now im just trying to find a 1-1/8" 16tpi tap so i can mount the buffer tube and stock. i havent ordered the barrel blank yet either.

You do realize that clicking on your photo gives access to an album ? Lotsa neat stuff , but you might not want the whole world to see it all .
Snag

everything in my album is public info lol... and yes i know my profile is public.

ps im on enough govt watch lists as it is, why not try for a few more?

Back