Fine feed on Index 55 questions

Hi bodaver32, I too have recently purchased an index machine a 745, ordered manuals from index and what you are seeing on vintagemachinery is just like the manual I received from index. lots of mechanical drawings with very brief description of operation.

X2 on the manuals. I also purchased the manual from Wells-Index and it appears the same as the one in the previous link posted earlier. I wasn't aware of the manual being on-line at the time. I did purchase several bearings from Wells-Index when I went thru the table/saddle a while back and the part numbers appear to be accurate, although not a simple task to correlate with the drawings.

Thanks for the heads up on the manuals. I think I will save my money for other needed items.

Thanks for the heads up on the manuals. I think I will save my money for other needed items.

I think that's a wise choice at this point.

Next time you find your pockets bulging with an unexpected windfall (wish this happened more often!!) you can order the factory original manuals.

I find something satisfying about having an original manual.

The manual I received from Wells-Index is exactly the same as if I printed it on my desktop, no hard or thick cover and single sided on regular white paper.

The manual I received from Wells-Index is exactly the same as if I printed it on my desktop, no hard or thick cover and single sided on regular white paper.

That is truly lame!

That is truly lame!

Why?

When I bought my ancient machine I was ecstatic to have this photocopied manual included with the purchase. Of course I didn't know, at the time, that I could just buy one or copy it on the internet. Guess my expectations are lower. But, at 70, I've become accustomed to life's little disappointments. :))

Why?

When I bought my ancient machine I was ecstatic to have this photocopied manual included with the purchase. Of course I didn't know, at the time, that I could just buy one or copy it on the internet. Guess my expectations are lower. But, at 70, I've become accustomed to life's little disappointments. :))

I guess I just think that if you spend the money to order a manual directly from the manufacturer that it should be the same manual as originally supplied with the machine when new.
No sense in sending money to the manufacturer when all that they supply is precisely what you can get for free on the internet.
Even the eBay manual sellers provide two sided copies bound in heavy paper.

Back