Explosion Proof Motor Applications

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
Registered
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted anything to this site for quite awhile. My home shop organization was put on hold for a very long time due to excruciating back pain. I had 3 vertabrae fused last August, and my back feels sooooo much better now .
So, I am ready to get back to getting my shop together.
Anyways, a part of my home shop issue was that I had no room. I am still selling/giving away woodworking stuff, and deliberately not buying anymore stuff. However......

I can't resist super deals, and I stumbled across a brand new explosion proof, inverter ready 2hp AC 3 ph motor.
I would use this on a dust collection system, but the rpm is only 1755.
Are there any uses for such a motor in a home workshop??

Thanks,
Susan

Hi Guys,
I haven't posted anything to this site for quite awhile. My home shop organization was put on hold for a very long time due to excruciating back pain. I had 3 vertabrae fused last August, and my back feels sooooo much better now .
So, I am ready to get back to getting my shop together.
Anyways, a part of my home shop issue was that I had no room. I am still selling/giving away woodworking stuff, and deliberately not buying anymore stuff. However......

I can't resist super deals, and I stumbled across a brand new explosion proof, inverter ready 2hp AC 3 ph motor.
I would use this on a dust collection system, but the rpm is only 1755.
Are there any uses for such a motor in a home workshop??

Thanks,
Susan

Basically anywhere it will fit. Is it TENV (Totally Enclosed Non Ventilated) or TEFC (Fan Cooled)? That may have an impact on the total load depending on ambient conditions.

Typically explosion proof motors have a short duty cycle.

Btw, does anyone know if the forum moderators here allow us to mention prices?

Typically explosion proof motors have a short duty cycle.
I have seen numerous explosion proof motors used in industrial dust collection/powder conveying, etc. continuous applications.

Back