Expensive Mistake

Bummer. If I was sure of my description of what I ordered I would have told them to pound sand. I guess it's always best to have it in writing. Mike

Bummer. If I was sure of my description of what I ordered I would have told them to pound sand. I guess it's always best to have it in writing. Mike
We've all done it. Call and place the order, get on with your day. It's only when it goes wrong that we think to be more careful.
Of course, if it had been me, for that much material I would have shopped around. The price would have sent up a flag.

I always sent orders by FAX so that there would be no question as to the description.

Considering he apparently dies not think aluminum is "Metal" Id wager the problem was on his end.

I don't know my steel well enough to think that I can properly convey what I want over the phone so I always go in and deal face to face. If I still am not 100% confident the local steel supply has no problem letting me go out and look at what I am buying before placing my order. Yes, I have to come back later to pick up the order but I always get what I want.

I darn sure would not be resting that much weight on the corner of the roof of my pretty cab! Ratchet straps and a Red Flag!

Last edited:
I would cut them into 1 ft pieces and sell them online for 8 bucks each. That is the perfect size for many home shop projects.

Back