Excellent Price for Power Hacksaw Blades

projectnut

Registered
Registered
In a previous thread I mentioned I have and use a 14" Racine power hacksaw. Being a little bored this morning I went to eBay just to see what blades were going for these days. Much to my surprise I found a vendor with 10 boxes of 14" - 4 TPI blades. Each box of 10 has an asking price of $19.00 with a "Make Offer" option. The shipping is an additional $17.65 which still only brings the price per blade to $3.05. That's considerably less than any other vendor is asking for the same size and TPI blades.

These are Simonds Red End blades. I purchased 40 of them several years ago from a member of another board, so I'm not currently in the market for any. However, if there's anyone here that has a saw that uses 14" blades this is an exceptional buy. If someone purchases all 10 boxes, he will ship them for free. That comes down to $1.90 per blade.

As a disclaimer I have no association with this vendor and have never purchased anything from him. He has been an eBay vendor since 1999 and has 100% feedback.

Last edited:
That's a good deal, if I was not going on 79 years old and did not have a bunch already, I'd spring for a box ---

I'm close to being in the same situation. I'm a bit younger at a mere 75 but have enough blades to last for the foreseeable future. I did an inventory this morning to see if I wanted to make a purchase. With over 80 new blades on the shelf and a few used ones at the saw I thought it might be prudent to let someone else take advantage of the listing.

I did not say all of what I also found in the drawer; there was a liberal collection of acorns that a wood rat had cached for lean times.

Back